- books - including fictional, academic, handbooks, etc.
- journals and academic articles, both online and in print
- newspapers and magazines
- websites - including news, corporate, government, commercial, gossip, blogs
- search engines and online databases
- television and film
- teletext and 'the red button'
- social networking - both in reality and online
Sunday, October 2, 2011
The Information Universe
Like my fellow Shush This! bloggers, part of the reason I am on this course is my love for learning new things. I particularly love the way that finding one piece of information leads the the discovery of so much more. Information retrieval occurs in all aspects of life, from academic to work-related to personal. My list of types of information may somewhat overlap with that of my colleagues, but I think that just reflects the common interest in information literacy that we all share: