Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Web 2.0 - last.fm

While considering this post, I realised that I do in fact use web 2.0 applications more than I had initially thought. One example, for leisure purposes, would be last.fm, a music website that profiles and archives the user's musical taste by recording ("scrobbling") details of what is being listened to on their computer or via the website itself. There is also a social networking dimension to the site; I tend to use this less, but one interesting feature is the ability to check my musical compatibility with other users. I find it fascinating to check my personal listening statistics and see how my musical tastes have changed over the last weeks/ months/ years. The recommendations feature is also an excellent way to discover new music, events in my area, and articles or blog posts about music I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment