Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What a Wicked Web We Weave 2.0

I must admit I have not used a lot of Web 2.0 applications. This is due to my being an antisocial Luddite- well, not really. And now that I've seen a comprehensive list of Web 2.0 applications, I have realized I utilize more than I realize, and boy, could use even more. Some of the apps sound like amazing timesavers, (such as Auctionmapper to collate auction results), whereas of course, some are designed as timewasters, (you know who you are). When not living in a cave eating what mushrooms I find, I use Etsy. I have yet to buy anything, but I really enjoy seeing the trends out there in graphic design and illustration especially. It has a great function that allows sellers and buyers to speak to each other and 'favourite' each other's items and get a more personalized view of their overall style sensibility. My favourite however is the 'search by colour' function. For some reason, I greatly enjoy seeing items sorted that way and it's amazing to see how disparate things can be linked based on that one characteristic.

www.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment